Sunday, January 14, 2018

Beef & Vegetable Stir Fry


When I was a little girl, my Mama used to make this Beef & Veggie Stir Fry for me all the time. It was the dinner I always begged for. It had been years since I have made this until this week and it brought back all of those wonderful memories! Now I'd like to share it with you!

One of my least favorite things about beef stir fry is that the beef always tends to be so tough. So, this time I went to the grocery store and made sure to chat with the butcher about a new option. He led me to a package of sirloin tip side steak, thin sliced. Y'all, it was perfect! This is definitely what I will be using from now on. Go ahead and slice up your beef and place it in a gallon ziplock bag.

In a small bowl, combine 3 tbsp. soy sauce and 3 tbsp. cornstarch. Pour this mixture over your beef and toss it to coat every piece. Place in the fridge to chill.
 
 
Now, grab a medium-sized bowl and we are going to make our sauce! Combine remaining soy sauce, sherry, sugar and red wine vinegar. Mix until sugar dissolves and set aside.
 
For our last prep step before we start cooking, let's slice up all of our veggies! I use broccoli, bell peppers and sugar snaps, but you can throw anything you would like in there!
 
Okay, time to cook! In a large non-stick skillet, heat your vegetable oil. Add in your red chili flakes and cook until black. Add in your beef and saute over high heat until cooked through. You will notice that it will start to thicken from all the cornstarch!


Remove your beef from the pan and add in your scallions and ground ginger. Toast those for about 2 minutes, then pour in your sauce. Stir until toasted ginger is incorporated evenly, leaving no clumps.
 
 
Add your beef and veggies to the pan and toss to coat everything with that delicious sauce.
 
Saute until veggies are tender, but still have a little bit of crunch. Add peanuts and serve with brown rice or cauliflower rice!
 
Enjoy! Click HERE for my Beef & Veggie Stir Fry recipe!
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment